You tried, after that incident last hiking "that he vowed never happen again. But who could have guessed that the rock would have been so slippery? Now, your best backpack is filthy, dirty, both inside and out. And it is still sitting in the open due to food odor. What should do now: clean up or throw it away? Once you know how to clean a backpack with the following suggestions, you never have to worry about throwing a "nasty" backpack anymore.
Cleaning inside a backpack
Rotate or fully inside the backpack off. If you have metal stays, remove them and set them aside. Dump out any residue in a newspaper. Use a soft brush to remove any dirt or dried residues. If you have one available you can always use a vacuum with a mesh of brush.
or wash the inside with a mild detergent with a damp sponge or rag.
or Be sure to clean all the nooks and crannies and seams. Use an old toothbrush to dig deeper.
Rinse with cold water or a damp sponge or cloth.
o Use paper towels to dry inside the bag completely.
Clean Outside of a backpack
1. Turn bag right out now. Use a dry brush to remove any dirt loose or dry mud.
2. Wash the outside with a mild detergent (dishwashing liquid with degreaser) with a damp sponge or rag.
3. Be sure to clean in all the pockets, flaps and seams. Use an old toothbrush to clean around the edges.
4. Rinse with cold water and using a sponge or clean cloth. You can submerge the entire package in cold water bath or use a handheld shower head or hose to remove all traces of soap, both inside and out.
5. Upload backpack upside down to air dry for several days, preferably outdoors. DO NOT use the dryer.
6. If the backpack is still funky smelling, spray with Or hunters Fabrezan ® Scent-A-Way ®. But be careful because they can remove waterproofing chemicals like Scotch-Guard ®
7. Store in a cool and dry. Do not cover with plastic.
Clean a backpack in the washing machine (if all else fails)
or not submerge in soapy water. This could layers cause the backpack to take off or any waterproofing to deteriorate.
or Follow steps 1-3 above.
or place the bag in the washer. Wash with cold water on a gentle cycle with a very mild laundry detergent (Ivory Flakes or Woolite). Rinse and allow to air dry for several days.
o NOTE: This method is to use the only last resort. Cleaning a backpack in the washer can cause the material in the package to fall apart. So machine wash at your own risk!
Backpack Zipper Care
Clean a zipper backpack is easy. First, use an old toothbrush to clean any sand, salt or dirt and mud from the zipper teeth. Vacuum if necessary to remove debris. Trim any loss or loose threads to prevent tangling. Spray very lightly with a silicone spray, occasionally to lubricate.
Now that you know how to clean your best backpack, you never have to throw a malodorous backpack again.
In-depth information and a complete guide to selecting the best backpack Providing you with all you need to know in regards to a vast array of backpacks from hiking backpacks to office backpacks and plenty more.
[affmage source=”ebay” results=”25″]Back Pack[/affmage]
[affmage source=”amazon” results=”6″]Back Pack[/affmage]
[affmage source=”clickbank” results=”4″]Back Pack[/affmage]